About Audio Reference Technology
Who we are
Made in Italy
Audio Reference Technology (A.R.T.) was founded by Luigi Basagni in 1983 in Firenze, Italy. Basagni’s main purpose was to pursue "the real sound." Luis realized that there are myriad external factors that interfere with the transmission of audio signals. To maintain the purity of the sound it is necessary to eliminate as many of these factors as possible, especially those that influence the signal in the cables.
Why Choose Audio Reference Technology
Cables are not simply an accessory, but a fundamental component of the Hi-Fi system.
A.R.T. cables are unique in the attention paid to insulating materials. We understand that the insulating material must not disturb the signal, and at the same time it must allow the conductor to retain its inherent characteristic even over very long runs. Truly, the insulator improves the characteristic of the conductors by allowing the orderly movement of electrons unaffected by external influences.
Through many years of hard work and research, A.R.T. has developed a brand new rare metal alloy conductor, and specialized insulating shielding material that we use throughout our product lines. A.R.T. cables’ core geometry conductor is composed of pure copper HCC (Homogenized Crystal Copper) and our specialized compound metal, which provides greater clarity of sound than other general copper materials. All of the components are hand-made, including the shielding and insulators, which use up to 17-layers in total. To stabilize the quality of A.R.T. products, the highly time consuming manufacturing process relies on our senior expertise to arrange materials layer by layer, with the materials arranged in a specific sequence.
A.R.T. "Q-Damper" technology as used in our cables is a Magnetization Ring made of CNC'd Aluminum Alloy (a type of aluminum alloy used in some aerospace technology). This technology is specially positioned throughout the full length of the cable. The plugs on our cables have anti-electromagnetic plating, a special cleaning filter, and additional triguard protection on the connecting points, which together provide more power to the music, and allow users to obtain the maximum result from their system.
Our cable technology also provides reduction of vibration and EMI, and thus improves signal/noise. This provides a more neutral sound, and increases the dynamics and the soundstage of your system.
By using the finest materials, respecting fundamental physical theory, and by researching deeply into the field of conductors and insulating materials, A.R.T. shortens the distance between you and reality.
If you want to truly understand why A.R.T. cables are so special, you will need to test them yourself; only then will you truly understand why A.R.T. is destined to become the reference point in cable construction technology.
To hear it, is to believe it.
The A.R.T. Method
All Hi-Fi systems as we currently know them, share certain fundamental traits regardless of their stature: They require a source, an amplifier(s) and speakers, all of which must be joined. Each of these components has physical substance and exists in space, and each will be acted upon by physical vibration, electromagnetic fields (including those generated within the component itself, by associated equipment, by those already present in buildings, and by Ultra High Frequency Digital Pulses).
If all components are acted upon by these same forces, then the sonic consequences must be similar for all. If a method existed whereby we could completely isolate the components from physical and electromagnetic impact and prevent loss at interfaces and through connecting wires, we could assume that the sonic consequences of this isolation and loss prevention would also be similar for all systems.
There are four major types of treatment that could be applied to currently existing equipment:
1. Vibration Control: The goal is to prevent external vibrations from feeding into components and loudspeakers, and preventing internal vibrations from affecting critical source performance.
2. Power Isolation: The mains power that enters equipment brings with it all manner of turbulence and spuriae. Isolating components one from the other and from deleterious outside influences will greatly affect how they function.
3. Interface Enhancement: The places where equipment is joined are especially vulnerable to loss as is the interface between the source material and the equipment which reads it. Preventing loss in these places is especially important.
4. Signal Delivery: As the signal travels from source to amplifier to speakers via wires it is critical that those wires not be subject to damaging environmental influences. They should be constructed in such a way that no signal is lost.
If such methodology existed and functioned perfectly, we could assume that system colorations would now be due solely to the character of the components themselves. If cables existed that could deliver close to one hundred percent of the signal from point A to point B, we would not be able to characterize them as filters.
What kind of sonic similarities would this display?
- Rich inner harmonic detail.f there is no loss of signal we would hear the maximum sound that the source, amp, and speakers are capable of providing.
- Clarity and lack of smear. Bass frequencies especially become woolly and indistinct when out of phase waves feed back into the original signal. With proper isolation of the signal, bass details will be rich and defined, providing weight and authority to instruments all the way up the frequency spectrum.
- A highly enhanced sense of spaciousness and openness. Field interferences and physical vibrations both tend to inhibit the very finest nuances of decay. The brain relies on these subtleties to construct a sense of the proportions of a space and the directions from which sounds emanate.
- A natural and relaxed sound. A system free from interferences will have an effortless quality. The signal, rather than having to find its way through turbulence, will travel smoothly as though gliding on a calm lake.
Fortunately for us such a methodology now exists in the form of Cables and Accessories from A.R.T. (AUDIO REFERENCE TECHNOLOGY). All systems outfitted with A.R.T. Cables and Accessories will exhibit the above qualities. Since the benefits are incremental it is possible to arrive at the endpoint one step at a time, realizing increased benefits every step of the way.
We should not forget that the ultimate component is ourselves. We are more subtly constructed than any system imaginable, and we have the capacity to internally model the behavior of the system we are listening to. If the signal is struggling, we are struggling with it. If the signal is freed, we are freed. Our spirit can soar, and, after all, isn't that what music is all about?
1. The more A.R.T. cables you use in your Hi-Fi system, the better will be its performance.
2. All the materials of A.R.T. cables are selected carefully, and must pass several severe standard tests. Use this cable, and you'll find the fantastic performance in your Hi-Fi System in a very short time (around 15 minutes). Letting it run longer on your system should enhance the performance and your experience.
3. The process of producing our cables is complex, as there are many layers of triguards and insulations. To prevent breakdown or failure, please don't draw it out again and again when it is built-in your system.
4. For your own protection and for the utmost effect on your audio system, don't take apart any structure of this cable.
If you have any questions, please contact us or our local dealers.